Creating the future by dissolving the lines between design, engineering & manufacturing C37, was founded in 2014 by Carolina Cantú and Valeria Loera, led next to their partners Lucia Garcia and Yamile de la Garza with the intention of building a company that works as an outsource studio for investigators that create new technologies. This companies seek to innovate (outperform common technologies, optimize resources, apply new materials, improve production processes, lower ambiental impact.) Following prospective thinkers such as Alan Kay, considering multidisciplinary companies and the working culture of IDEO, Google and Netflix an idea happened:
What if as industrial designers we help science & engineering experts to transform their concepts and inventions into ready to buy products?
C37 offers future forward materials, products and design services. As a company, C37 focuses on discovering new manufacturing opportunities as the first Latin American studio specialized in the research and development of advanced materials and products which have superior properties than conventional ones, this materials can outperform them in terms of their applications and production processes.
IMPROVED ceramics, glasses, polymers, composites, metals & alloys.
As climate change statistics are continuously rising, there's growing pressure from all areas - consumers, businesses, and governments - to search for more eco-friendly manufacturing techniques. This as an opportunity for advanced materials as a promising technology transforming the global manufacturing industry, especially in its replacement of plastics and metals with improved ceramics and composites in high-performance applications.
C37 encourages transnational corporations to recycle and reinterpret their waste materials in order to transform them into advanced materials for the industry.
Thanks to their engineering & science web, C37 counts with a material & technology portfolio ready to use for companies who seek to develop new products.
LET'S CREATE THE FUTURE.
THE DREAM TEAM
our working culture is based on collaboration, impact & self direction.
Our team counts with different profiles. There is an expert on every position: We also have key partners in areas of technology & science, but most of all we have amazing mentors & collaborators who help us evolve each and every day.
Co - Founder &
Chief in Production
Co - Founder &
Yamile de la garza
Material Library Direction
Press & Administration
Research & Development
of Sustainable Materials.
Our projects connect different disciplines, companies & institutions in order to achieve high- impact results. There is an expert on every position including key partners and mentors in areas of technology, operations & science.
System & Process
EXPOSITIONS AND PROJECTS
Where we have met amazing people & shown our work.
- 2018 / Monterrey / @Premio Mujer Tec / Mulier Amet + ITESM
- 2017 / Dubai / @Dubai Design Week / Gray Area ft. Tinkah + Inked.
- 2017 / Mx City / @Abierto Mexicano de Diseño - Rulé Gallery / MAGMA 04 ® ft. ITESM.
- 2017 / Mx City / @Bienal Nacional De Diseño / Desarrollo, Reuso e Innovación en Materiales
- 2017 / Mx City / @Design Week Mexico / Museo Tamayo / Tecnolitico ft. Galeria Mexicana de Diseño.
- 2017 / Paris / @M4 Paris - 2017 by MáteriO / 8, Rue Chaptal / MAGMA 04® at MáteriO
- 2017 / Mx City / @Milano in Messico - Galería Mexicana de Diseño / Personal Interpretations MAGMA 04®
- 2017 / Mx City / @The Power of Creativity: Wonder Woman - MUMEDI / Hypolita Bracelets ft. WarnerBros.
- 2017 / Milan / @Milan Design Week - Ventura Lambrate / Personal Interpretations ft. Serial.
- 2016 / Barcelona / @Material Center - Materfad / MAGMA 04®
- 2016 / Guadalajara / @Material Center - MIND México / MAGMA 04®
- 2016 / Monterrey / @Pabellon M - INCMty / BEAT Installation.
- 2016 / Guadalajara / @Material Fair Second Edition - MIND México / MAGMA 04®
- 2015 / Mx City / @Abierto Mexicano de Diseño - Museo Franz Meyer / Arium for Pernod Ricard.
- 2015 / Mx City / @Abierto Mexicano de Diseño - Munal / Copper Catalyst ft. Absolut Elyx.
- 2014 / Mx City / @Abierto Mexicano de Diseño - Museo Numismático / Habitus
WORKSHOPS & TALKS
Where we have shared methodologies & knowledge.
- 2017 / Monterrey / @Semana I - ITESM / Designing Mass Consumption Products in Multidisciplinarlty.
- 2017 / Monterrey / @CEDIM - ft. León Fernandez / Designing with New Materials by Carolina Cantú.
- 2017 / Monterrey / @TedX - ITESM / Innovation & Art by Valeria Loera.
- 2017 / Monterrey / @ITESM Talk - SALDI / Tendencias y Diseño by Yamile De La Garza + Valeria Loera
- 2017 / Monterrey / @ITESM Class - ft. Christopher Wallace / Trends 101 by Yamile De La Garza
- 2017 / Monterrey / @C37 Contest - C37 HQ / Co - Creation Workshop for Milan Design Week.
- 2017 / Monterrey / @ConvergenciaD - ITESM / Designing with MAGMA 04 ®
- 2016 / Monterrey / @Pabellon M - INCMty / Coffee with your Customer Segment by Valeria Loera.
- 2016 / Monterrey / @RutaE - ITESM / Create your Dream Job out of your hobbies by Carolina Cantú.
- 2016 / Puebla / @ITESM Class - ft. HJ Barraza / Creating Value Proposition by Carolina Cantú.
- 2016 / Monterrey / @MKT Fest - C37 HQ / Strategic Brands by Lucia Garcia & Yamile de la Garza.
- 2016 / Monterrey / @UDEM - PO Class / Create your Dream Job out of your hobbies by Carolina Cantú.
- 2016 / Monterrey / @CEDIM - ft. Steph Orozco / Methodologies by Carolina Cantú + Ulises Esquivel.
- 2016 / Monterrey / @Design Camp - NstroLab / Meet C37: Designers & New Materials.
- 2015 / Monterrey / @Women Who Make - ITESM / Business Partnership by Carolina Cantú + Valeria Loera
- 2015 / Monterrey / @INCMty - ITESM / Perfect Machines: Emotional Intelligence by Carolina Cantú.
- 2015 / Monterrey / @CEDIM - ft. Steph Orozco / Why Design Matters by Carolina Cantú.
- 2015 / Monterrey / @Introduction to Industrial Design - ITESM / Why Industrial Design by Carolina Cantú.
DesignWanted • Explore by Notey • Código • Dezeen Magazine • Chic Haus • Revista Ambientes • WeVux Blog • Nueva Prensa • Blog Archdaily • Blog Paredro • Periódico El demócrata • Yatzer Magazine • Obras Web • Designmag • Periódico El Norte • Periódico Luces del Siglo / 2017 • WebMakers • Designaholic Blog • Revista Glocal Design • Archipanic • The City Loves You • Coolhunter Mx • Apasionado • RSVP • CHMX • HOTBOOK